Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A photo at night, during a catch


Here's a picture of me that my lovely wife took while I was using Nightcatcher Number 73 to catch a particularly nice night back in October. Of course, she wasn't allowed to use flash, as that would have driven away far too much dark matter to make my catch effective. My tests show that night particles can leave quite rapidly when light comes around. It's a speed that I call the Speed of Dark, which is a little faster than the speed of light, but not by much. I compare it to how fast a rabbit can run compared to my dog Spot. It's not a lot faster, but just enough.
We're out in the open area of our wraparound porch to catch some night particles, a favorite place when all the lights are turned off. I'm wearing my favorite shirt.

No comments: